The Tone Generator ia a highly practical network installation and troubleshooting tooll which features a single or a multi-tone signal, two test leads and a 4-conductor modular cable. The signal emitted by the Tone Generator can be easily traced by the Probe, even when cables are in a bundle or hidden in a mess of puch down blocks or wall plates, The Tone Generator & Probe can be used to verify cable continuity, identify wiring faults, determine line polarity and voltage in network (cat 5 and coax) and modular telephone lines, The Probe is equipped with a tone amplifier and an LED indicator that detects audible frequency tones for accurate tracing and identification of wires.
- 2-Position switch for single tone or multitone signal
- Toggle switch to control 3 modes of operation
- 3 color LED indicator display for telephone line polarity continuity and voltage testing
- Black and red testing leads and standard 4-pin modular cable for individual wire tests or modular jack tests
- Convenient compact size and simple application
- Special inductive plastic tip which prevents accidental shorts (possible with copper-tip tracers) when using near high voltage devices
- Traces and identifies wires or cable in a bundle or group without a damaging cable insulation
- Adjustagle volume levels for various work environments
- Both amplifier and LED for loud or dark work environments
- Can work with any existing tone generator in the market
- Power switch to prevent battery drain.